Flank steak is a cut of beef that we make often in our house. Some favorite ways that I love to serve it are sliced on top of a big garden fresh salad or with some rustic mashed potatoes or pasta and veggies on the side.
Flank steak is a lean cut of meat that can be tough. To avoid this, do not over cook and be sure to thinly slice it against the grain.
Below is a marinade that will add a little flair to your meal.
¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
2 Tablespoons agave (or honey)
1 Tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
3 large garlic cloves, minced
½ teaspoon salt
Freshly ground pepper
1 (about 1.5 lbs.) Midwest Prime flank steak
- In a large Ziplock bag, mix together soy sauce, Worcestershire, agave, rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Add steak, seal bag, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours and up to overnight.
- Prepare grill. Grill steak for 4-5 minutes per side for medium rare.
- Transfer steak to plate and let stand 10 minutes.
- Slice steak across the grain into thin slices. Serve warm.